The Cultural Heritage and Tourism Office of the Archdiocese of Agrigento and the Community Foundation of Agrigento and Trapani promote the establishment of the Agrigentino Ecclesial Cultural Park.
The Park’s institution path is part of the project “Beauty and Hope for all: when tourism becomes a way of good life and concrete hope” is a national initiative of the Italian Episcopal Conference – Office for the Pastoral Care of Leisure, Tourism and Sport.
It is a public interest commitment for human and social growth in harmony with the environment, through the integration of cultural heritage and tangible and intangible assets, aimed at creating new models of local social cohesion.
In fact, the communion of projects between the ecclesial community and the civil community wants to activate experiences of enhancement and use of the ecclesial cultural heritage in a narrative, convivial, spiritual, and experiential key.
With the Agrigentino Ecclesial Cultural Park we hope to realize hope:
- sustainability, so that creation and relationships continue to be a guarantee of humanizing experiences;
- accessibility, so that everyone is given the opportunity to live every place to the full, without exclusion and without barriers;
- opportunities, because the lands, already emptied of minds and forces, return to swarm of life realized in a dignified and just work.
The Agrigentino Ecclesial Cultural Park aims to promote and create opportunities for individual and collective well-being and qualified employment for young people as already experimented with different experiences such as Ecclesia Viva, Anthos, Sciavuru of Vanedda and Themenos in Agrigento, the Great Oak in Santo Stefano di Quisquina and Peregrinus in Caltabellota.
Associations, companies and cooperatives that starting from ecclesial assets have generated local development and cultural, receptive and tourist entrepreneurship.
Therefore, the Agrigentino Ecclesial Cultural Park aims to be a community tourism experience and wants to be, through the promotion of a valuable local network:
- a territorial system that promotes, recovers and enhances, through a coordinated and integrated strategy, the tangible and intangible assets;
- a connective tissue able to enhance aggregative and receptive spaces, ancient pilgrimage routes, the most disparate cultural initiatives, traditions rooted in popular culture and religion.
- a territorial ecclesial network that collaborates steadily with other networks (environmental, local tourist systems, institutions, LAGs), thus also responding to the complementary needs of cultural, tourist and leisure use, safeguarding the primary function and religious identity of the goods.
Reconstructing a living and vital relationship with ecclesial cultural heritage is a service to truth and beauty, it is an act of love for the man of our time who in beauty still finds room for meaning and truth.
For more information or to join the project partnership write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the slide of the project.